My friends lets our pc get connected via VPN with this software..
LogMeIn Hamachi is a VPN service that easily sets up in 10 minutes, and enables secure remote access to your business network, anywhere there’s an Internet connection.
It works with your existing firewall, and requires no additional configuration. Hamachi is the first networking application to deliver an unprecedented level of direct peer-to-peer connectivity.
Ok, now lets start to install this software to your ubuntu box.
1. Download free Hamachi for Linux at the official site or go to this url (download file *.tar.gz).
2. Go to your destination directory of hamachi download (ex: Desktop)
3. Extract file
tar zvxf hamachi-0.9.9.9-20-lnx.tar.gz
4. Installing Hamachi
sudo make install
5. Installing depedency UPX (see: this)
sudo apt-get install upx-ucl
to install upx (in which case the unpacking command is going to be)
upx -d /usr/bin/hamachi
6. Generate crypto identiy (any account)
7. Running Hamachi
Run ‘hamachi start’ to launch Hamachi daemon.
Run ‘hamachi login’ to put the daemon online and to create an account.
Run ‘hamachi join <network>’ to join the network.
Run ‘hamachi go-online <network>’ to go online in the network.
Run ‘hamachi list’ to list network members and their status
8. If you need GUI rather than command line
- Download hamachi-gui (*.deb) from sourceforge.net
sudo dpkg -i hamachi-gui*.deb
- Run from menu Applications -> Internet -> hamachi-gui